Problems Away Evening

There are times when either school, work or life in general are just too much and you just need to give yourself some free time to relax. Every once in awhile I think it's necessary to give yourself some reward for all the hard work you're doing and all the effort. Our bodies (and minds) are not machines and it's essential for us to know when it is the right time to take a break from stress.



For me, there is nothing like a good evening with things I love and that relax me. So here are the things that I would do (and that you should try doing!) if I find the time to just do some things for myself and to forget about my problems.

1. Take a bath

This one if one of the favorites. Really, there is nothing like lighting a scented candle, having a bubble bath, maybe doing some face mask, exfoliate. Take care of your skin, your body, you deserve it! You can bring a book to read or if you're not into that kind of stuff maybe listening to some relaxing music too. Baths are great. We should take them more often.

2. Get a manicure

Either if you go some place or you just give yourself one at home. You literally just need a file, hand cream and nail polish. There is something really therapeutic to me when I paint my nails, they just look so pretty and make me feel so put together.

3. Watching your favorite movies/ tv shows

For me, there is never a wrong time for watching Gilmore Girls. I could watch Tangled 100 times and don't get bored, also with movies like he's not that into you. You know what you like, put some cozy clothes, get your most comfortable pillows and watch what you like. Make your favorite snack, a marathon never hurts.

4. Bake

This one is not for everyone but I love making cupcakes, pies and all that stuff. I just get in a better mood, I eat delicious food (main reason probably) and then my house smells amazing.

5. Paint / Draw

Even if you suck at it. It's fun! You could just print out some mandalas from google and color them like you're in elementary school, I promise it's great. They are even making adult coloring books, that have drawing with lots of cool details and I've seen some youtubers talk about them so it's worth a try.

6. Play with a dog/cat

I love love love spending time with my dog, it just makes my day 400 times better, I mean it. Even when I'm feeling a little down and I'm near a pet store I stop there (I do, believe me, I do) and play with puppies or kittens. You can't go wrong with this one can you? Impossible... (I suppose if you don't hate pets or are allergic to them which I really hope not)

7. Read

A magazine, a big book, whatever you're into. There is no better way of distracting yourself.

8. Friends and Family

Call them, go visit, go to a movie. Let them talk about their stuff, you'll stop worrying about yours for sure.

9. Have a playlist

Music is a thing that can be on the background when you do something else. Take some time to create a playlist with music that you love, that puts you in a good mood and that makes you happy. I truly believe that music can change people and moods, so I make sure to have a playlist for times like party, study, bus, but specially for relaxing a little bit. For example, when I really want to get away from stress I love listening to Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Michael Bublé (you get the vibe), it never fails.




No comments:

Post a Comment