How to be more productive

Hello loves! I've been away because I have started a new semester at college, so i've been very busy. Today I bring to you tips on how to be more productive, at school, work, or in life in general to be honest. I used to stress a lot about organizing and finding time to do stuff, but with a little help you'll be able to do whatever you want (and have time to do it!)


  • Use a calendar: 
This really old fashioned way of having your life planned never fails. Really. What I like to do is to have synced a calendar on my laptop and phone, so wherever I am I know what I'll be doing next week or in a couple of days. Another thing I think helps a lot is using color coding. I use three colors, one for personal stuff like birthdays and parties, another one for college or studying related and the last one for appointments. This next thing may be too much but I also love having a printed calendar, so that way it's like I am memorizing all the stuff I have to do, by copying it so many times. This copy I keep it in my bullet journal. There are really cute ones you can find on pinterest :)




  • Bullet Journaling
I discovered the bullet journal kind of technique a month ago (maybe more i can't be 100% positive) and it has changed me forever. It basically is a way to organize your day (and your life to be honest), having track of different things you may do, scheduling in advance, writing cute quotes, etc. I see it as a scrapbook that makes me productive basically. If you want to know more about it you can visit the official website to understand the basics. And to see how people actually use it, I would recommend to search "bullet journal" in tumblr. There are also youtube channels dedicated to it, Boho Berry really inspired me to start!


  • Having a clean workspace
Being real here, I struggle alot with this one. My "office" or desk for studying is in my room, and my room gets messy really easy (I'm working on that!). Organization is key, have a space that inspires you, make it look pretty! Print cute quotes, or instagram like photographs, search for diys on pinterest. Make it look how you like, and get inspired on youtube, instagram, etc. Have the things you need like pens, sticky notes, highlighters. If you see desk supplies that you love, that will make you actually want to get stuff done.


  • Get inspired!
If you are trying to study or get better grades, take better notes try to get inspired. There is actually a side of tumblr called "studyblr", I discovered it and I was like oh my god where was this when I was in high school. People share their notes, cute desks, bullet journals, calendars... It's a study world in were people support each other. It's so fun, and it truly gives me that push to want to be productive. Here are some you can check out to see what I mean! 1 2 3



  • Distractions off
When I'm studying I like to put my phone on airplane mode but that is only on really extreme situations like finals or midterms. Try to have your phone out of your sight, tabs like twitter and facebook closed. Drinks tons of water, and take a break. I like to study half and hour and rest for 10 minutes, it doesn't have to be much go to the kitchen and grab a snack, go to the bathroom, go to social media. Find what works best for you, we are different and don't have the same time of focus. Keep trying until you find what suits you better!

  • Make lists
Make a list the night before of what you need to get done. You'll wake up in the morning thinking about it, and most likely do them throughout the day. Don't wait till the last minute, stressing out because of not organizing is terrible. Have a plan and get it done, I know you can do it!

I hope you could find this helpful, I am still trying to learn how to be more productive and get things done, that's the only way I'm going to achieve my goals! Do you have any other tips, things you do? Leave them in the comments below :)



No comments:

Post a Comment