Review time: How to be single

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Star Wars was the last film I went to watch to the movies so yesterday I thought it was a good idea to go and watch something. Me and my friend had no expectations whatsoever with "How to be single" because to be honest neither of us had even watched the trailer. But we decided to give it a go and let me tell you I'm glad we did! Don't worry I'm not going to give you big spoilers here haha

I did not expect to laugh that much, it was a very funny movie (at least from my point of view). Being honest maybe boys won't like it as much as we did because it is indeed kind of a chick flick, let's be real. But who doesn't like a good one every once in awhile right?

So for starters I knew the girl that plays Alice (the principal character) was the girl from 50 shades but i haven't watched that movie nor read the books so I didn't knew what to expect. Then what I knew was that Pitch Perfect's hilarious "Fat Amy" Rebel Wilson was going to be in it so with that I was sure I was going to be laughing. She is such a fresh face for comedy movies and I'm pretty sure we're going to keep seeing her a lot.



I thought this was going to be a typical oh poor girl just broke up with her bf and she needs to go out or something and it kind of was but in the end it turned out different. Without giving out the whole story I'm just going to tell you that this movie has something to teach for each of us, regardless of your relationship status at the moment. 

It is about finding yourself and learning how to love being you, just with you. Only when you are sure of what you want and who you are in this world only then you'll be ready to share your life with someone else that complements you and makes you, a better you. Also it's the fact that sometimes you just have to let go but being careful of knowing when to stop and say "well i've had enough". 



This movie has that kind of "Valentine's Day" and "New year's" eve movies kind of vibe because it has stories that are all intertwined somehow, and that's always so cool to me. Through one person or more all of the stories have something in common so at the end what happens with one of the characters affects all of them.

One thing that I really liked is that one of the characters Michelle had her whole life planned, how the person that she thought she would marry was going to be, basically she wanted to be in control all the time. The funny thing is that when she finally stops worrying too much she meets someone out of the blue.

Also, you don't need somebody else to accomplish things in your life, but if the right person appears in the picture you have to be able to give it a chance and not be scared of getting involved. 

So it's all about about caring but not in the point of wanting to know what happens next because it's also good to be surprised by the future. Knowing that the right person will be there at the right time, but you have to give them a chance to be part of your life and if things don't work out don't freak out, things happen for a reason. 

I really liked this movie and I'm sure I'll rewatch it at some point, so you should too! If you like chick flicks and feel like having a laugh, go for it :) Have you watched it? What are other movies like this that you like?





No comments:

Post a Comment