Caribbean Vacation: What to bring


Last year I had the amazing opportunity to travel with my family to the San Andres island and it was one of the greatest experiences I've had so far.  Let's be real here, it doesn't matter where you are going to travel to, it's always a concern: What do I need now?! 

Today I'm here tell you the essentials for a trip like the this one, so that you can make of this something that you truly enjoy and not stress too much about. I'm going to tell you some things you will regret forgetting, here we go!

1. Bathing suit

This is kind of an obvious one but a thing I'm going to tell you is please do not bring only one bathing suit. If you are anything like me you're going to want to go into the sea or the pool more than once in a day and it could probably be after you showered or ate lunch so having a spare it's always good. Also is always nice to have different options to choose from. Also make sure it is something you're comfortable wearing, you'll regret that strapless bikini that doesn't fit right.


2. Waterproof camera/phone case

Please please please bring this!!! I can't explain how awesome it is to take underwater pictures. It doesn't have to be an expensive one, there are always cheaper options than a fancy GoPro and you can always buy a case for your phone. Also for pictures near the water, like the one I took with my family that is on the title.

3. A book

There is something really special about reading a book by the ocean. I don't know if it is the breeze, the sun or what but I love bringing books to the beach with me. If you are not much of a book worm like me you can always bring a magazine too. It's about that little time with yourself.

4. Bag/Backpack

You're going to need it to move around things like your sunscreen, headphones and whatnot. It's essential if you're going to be taking tours or exploring, believe me.

5. Snorkel
















If you have one of those, awesome bring it! If you don't have one I'm pretty sure you'll be able to buy one at the hotel or near. You will need it to see all the precious fish that the caribbean has.

6. Flip Flops

Kind of self explanatory right?

7. Cardigan/ Sweatshirt/ Something like that you know what I mean

It can get very windy at night so it can be kind of chilly. Just in case, you'll thank me later.

8.  Sun Protection
By this i mean SUNSCREEN!!!! You don't want to have a sunburn believe me you don't. Also sunglasses and a hat, you'll want them.



















9. Lipbalm




Again with the sun, but it can damage your lips and they will want to be moisturisedd. 

10. Hair ties
























It's really hot in there let's be honest, you'll be pretty happy with a ponytail because you won't stand your head on your shoulders.

11. Headphones












You'll have time to be laying down, you'll probably want your music, make sure to bring your phone or iPod!


12. Dress












When you get lazy and don't want to change to move from the pool to somewhere else, you'll want something to just throw on.


That's all the things I could think of, I really hope it was useful for you! Leave me a comment telling where are you travelling or if you want to do so where. Thanks for reading, don't forget to share it.


No comments:

Post a Comment